Sunday 27 March 2011

Farewell to Dhanpatmal Virmani Senior Secondary School

 

So, finally the time has come to bid a warm farewell to a school where I have served for no less than seventeen years! The school hosted a farewell function for me on the twenty-third of March 2011 in the school. Among those present on the occasion were, Mr.G.L.Naswa, the principal who had appointed me in February 1994. Mr. R.B. Aggarwal, the Ex-Principal, and Mr.V.K.Palta, Ex-Vice Principal also graced the occasion. Dr.Yadram, another ex-teacher of the school, who is now serving in a Government School as a lecturer in English was also present. Speeches were delivered by Mr. G.Naswa, Mr. R.B.Aggarwal, Dr.Yadram, and Dr.Dharambir Singh, the Principal of the School. Mr.A.K. Mishra was the master of ceremonies, and he spoke very eloquently about the wonderful time we had shared together.My family, my parents, my wife and my two daughters too were present on the occasion.

 

Little did I foresee that I would be writing a blog about my own farewell from the Dhanpatmal school, but then times change, and we can’t predict what the future has in store for us. It is an honour to have been appointed as the Principal of The St.Thomas School, Jagadhri, Haryana. Now I have a new family, and a new school, and my responsibilities have changed from that of teaching English to Eleventh and Twelfth to providing Leadership to a wonderful school. No doubt my years as a teacher in The Dhanpatmal Virmani Sr.Sec.School were instrumental in grooming me for the post of Principal in a Public School. My thanks go to Mr.Anil Virmani, Chairman of the school, Mr. Amitav Virmani, Manager of the school, and Mrs. Asha Kishore, a senior member of the Management. They have always stood by me in my time of need, and they have been most supporting to me. The teachers of the Dhanpatmal Virmani Sr.Sec.School have been very close, and very dear to me. I will always remember Mr.K.George, Mr.Manoj Kumar Verma, Mr.Arun Kumar, Mr.Ajay Singh Rawat, Mr.Rattan Lal, Mr.S.K. Thakur, Mr.S.R.Sharma, Mr. Ish Kumar, Dr.Dharambir besides many others!

 

While it was a most emotional moment for all of us, it was also a moment which reminded me of the immense possibilities that life has for us. Life is a process of growth and evolution where everyone should strive to do better.Stagnation, unfortunately, spells mental death. Every one alive should have a vision in life. Mr.Anil Virmani, the Chairman of the Dhanpatmal Virmani Sr.Sec. School always told me to dream big, and to have a vision in life. This advice has been reiterated by The Rt.Revd.Sunil Singh, The Bishop of The Diocese of Delhi, and the Chairman of the St.Thomas School Jagadhri. I am indeed lucky to have had such wonderful people to guide me in life!

I have given below some of the photographs that were taken on the occasion of the warm farewell given to me by the staff of the Dhanpatmal Virmani Sr.Sec.School, Roop Nagar, Delhi.

 

DSC09415 Lighter moments the snap was taken on a lunch I hosted before the farewell on the seventeenth of March

                                                                    

 

                                     

                                                       DSC09419

DSC09427

                                    

 

                                                    DSC09431 

 

DSC09422 In the picture are: Dr.Dharambir Singh the Principal of the school on the left, Mr.G. Naswa the Ex-principal in the centre, and Mr.V.K.Palta, Ex-Vice Principal on the far right.

 

                                                      DSC09455

 

DSC09464 Lighter moments on the day of the Farewell. In the snap we have Mr.R.B.Aggarwal seated on the left and Mr.G.L.Naswa on the right. Standing from the left we have Mr.S.K. Mishra, Dr.Yadram, myself, and Mr.S.K.Thakur on the far right.

 

My wife and I

                                                       DSC09470

 

DSC09508My parents

 

My Wife and two children along with me

                                                      DSC09553 

                                                                         

      DSC09554 We have Mr.Arun Kumar, on the left, and Mr.Manoj Kumar on the right.

 

                                                       DSC09549

DSC09534 A speech being delivered by me

Some of my colleagues:

                                                       DSC09542 

 

DSC09545

Mr.G.L. Naswa, a former principal in whose time I joined the school

                                                      DSC09451

 

DSC09437 My colleagues

Mrs. Shradha

                                                       DSC09435

 

DSC09438

 

                                                      DSC09484

DSC09460

Dr.Dharambir Singh gifting me a watch:

                                                     DSC09514

 

DSC09517 Mr R.B.Aggarwal delivering a speech

9 comments:

  1. I still remember the way you teach us, so much inspired and you will always be a great mentor to me in my life. Thanx a ton for teaching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sir your way of teaching is very nice and i was remember one thing you was always speak dont less your expenditure earn more money to expend more.---------from HEMANT PALIWAL (application engineer at onyx components system pvt ltd hyedrabad (delhi) (Student of 2007 batch).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I STILL MISS YOU ALL SIR . THE WAY OF TEACHING OF ALL THE TEACHERS IN MY SCHOOL I STILL REMEMBER AND NEVER FORGET. I MISS YOU ALL THANKS A LOT ------------PARVEEN PAWAR .. 2001 BATCH SCIENCE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I also miss my students, but then time moves on doesn't it?

      Delete
  4. Rodrick sir, I'm missing your solid slap. Nitin prakash 98 batch. Commerce stream. English topper. respect to all teachers🙏

    ReplyDelete